Butternut Squash Gnocchi with Browned Butter and Sage
|Gnocchi and Cavatelli
For 2 Person(s)
What you will need:
|1 lb. Talluto's Butternut Squash Gnocchi
|6 Tbsp. Salter Butter
|4 leaves Fresh Sage
|1/4 tsp. Kosher Salt
|1/4 tsp. Freshly Ground Black Pepper
|4 oz. Freshly grated Parmigiano cheese
Butternut Squash Gnocchi with Browned Butter and Sage Directions
- Cook the gnocchi in boiling salted water according to the instructions on the package. (4-5 minutes)
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the fresh sage leaves to the butter. Allow the sage to sizzle and the butter to begin to brown into a nutty color and flavor.
- Once the butter begins to turn golden brown, add 3 oz. of pasta water into the skillet, and stir to incorporate it into a luscious sauce. This will also stop the butter from continuing to brown.
- Once the gnocchi are finished cooking, drain them from the water and add them to the browned butter sauce.
- Season with salt and black pepper then simmer the gnocchi for 1 minute while tossing well to incorporate.
- Serve the gnocchi topped with freshly grated Parmigiano cheese. Enjoy!