Mezzaluna Salsa Verde
This recipe is perfect to accommodate your favorite grilled meats. Try this recipe using Talluto's mushroom-filled casoncello or pesto-filled agnolotti pasta.
|Agnolotti and Casoncello
For 3 Person(s)
What you'll need:
|1 package Talluto's Mushroom Casoncello or Peso Agnolotti
|1 cup fresh Italian parsley leaves
|1/2 cup fresh mixed herbs like mint, oregano, thyme, and basil
|2 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
|1/2 medium lemon, juiced
|2 Tbsp capers, in brine
|1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
|1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
|3/4 tsp kosher salt
|1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
Mezzaluna Salsa Verde Directions
- Make the green sauce by adding the fresh herbs and the garlic to a food processor.
- Pulse gently to roughly chop and combine the herbs and garlic.
- Add the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, capers, salt, and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Pulse and blend the ingredients again until the desired consistency is achieved. (approx. 1 minute)
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water according to the instructions on the package, for 6-8 minutes.
- Drain the pasta well and toss with the salsa verde or drizzle the sauce over the pasta on the plate.
- Serve alongside your favorite grilled meats and/or vegetables for a bright summertime treat.