Mushroom Casoncello with Sun-dried Tomatoes and Butter
This recipe calls for "pasta water" as one of the ingredients. Ladle about 1/2 cup of the water from the pot as the pasta is cooking. This starchy water provides an excellent base for the sauce.
|Agnolotti and Casoncello
For 4 Person(s)
What you will need:
|2 pkgs Talluto's Mushroom Casoncello
|1/4 cup unsalted butter
|6 oz sun-dried tomatoes, sliced into 1/2 in pieces
|1/2 cup pasta water
|1/2 tsp kosher salt
|1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
|1 Tbsp fresh parsley leaves, chopped
|4 oz freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano
Mushroom Casoncello with Sun-dried Tomatoes and Butter Directions
- Cook the pasta al dente, according to the instructions on the package for approximately 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Just before the pasta is cooked, add the sundried tomatoes to the butter and simmer slightly for 30 seconds.
- Ladle about ½ cup of the pasta water from the pot. Add the water to the skillet to create a sauce and simmer.
- Season the sauce with salt and ground black pepper and fresh parsley.
- When the pasta is finished cooking, drain it well and add it to the sauce in the skillet.
- Sautee for one additional minute.
- Top with freshly grated Parmigiano cheese and serve.