Neopolitan-style fried pasta dessert
For 9 Serving(s)
What you'll need:
|2 quarts Canola oil, for frying|
|1 pound Talluto's fresh pasta sheets|
|1 pint fresh raspberries|
|4 cups cold Italian pastry cream or vanilla pudding|
|1 cup heavy cream|
|3 Tbsp Amaretto liquor|
|1/4 cup powdered sugar|
|9 leaves fresh mint, for garnish|
Neopolitan-style fried pasta dessert Directions
- Heat oil in a deep saucepan to 400 degrees.
- While the oil is heating, cut each pasta sheet into 3 strips lengthwise. Then cut each strip into 3 rectangles. (27 rectangles per pound of pasta)
- When oil reaches 400 degrees, place a few pieces of pasta into the oil and deep fry until golden brown.
- Drain the fried pasta on paper towels and allow them to cool slightly.
- For the whipped cream: Using a hand or stand mixer, beat the heavy cream and the powdered sugar together until soft peaks form (about 7-8 minutes). Add the amaretto and beat for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until stiff peaks form.
- Assemble the stacks beginning with one piece of pasta on the plate.
- Top the pasta with pastry cream, a few raspberries, and whipped cream.
- Top with the 2nd piece of pasta and repeat the layering process.
- Finish the stack with the 3rd piece of pasta and garnish the top with powdered sugar and additional whipped cream if desired.